If you would like to install the Killer Drivers without the Killer Performance Suite, you can do so using these steps. Note that this will disable all network prioritization features.
This article will help to point you to getting the latest driver only packages from the Microsoft Catalog. These packages are driver only INF packages, so do require more advanced installation.
First, download the latest driver for your specific device from the links below:
Killer Wireless update list through Microsoft Catalog
Wireless Drivers for Killer Wireless-AC (1435 and 1535) or Direct Link (Latest as of 06/24/2020)
Killer Ethernet update list through Microsoft Catalog
Ethernet Drivers for E2500v2, E2600 (Latest as of 07/07/2020)
Ethernet Drivers for E3000 (Latest as of 07/07/2020)
- Extract the content of the package to a folder that you will remember
- Right Click INF/Setup Information File
- Choose Install
- Extract the content of the package to a folder that you will remember.
- Right-click Start, and click Device Manager.
- Locate the Killer Network Adapter in your Device Manager. If it has a driver already installed by Windows, it will be located by its name under Network Adapters. If it has no driver installed, it will be named Ethernet Controller or Unknown Device.
- Right-click the adapter, and click Update Driver Software… or Update Driver, whichever is available.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Browse
- Navigate to the location where you extracted the standalone driver package earlier.
- Click OK
- Click Next
The final screen should show that you have successfully installed the driver. You can now click on Close.