We have had cases where a small number of users have seen reduced Download and Upload speeds when having Killer Prioritization Engine (formerly referred to as ‘Advanced Stream Detect’) enabled. Also some users have reported that they are unable to access certain websites with Killer Prioritization Engine enabled. This issue is a result of certain Internet Service Providers throttling traffic that is being prioritized. If this is affecting you, you might see your bandwidth speed slowed or an issue accessing websites.
These are some instances of what you would observe if you are having issues with your ISP throttling traffic that is being prioritized.
Killer Prioritization Engine On:
Killer Prioritization Engine Off:
Website Access being blocked with Killer Prioritization Engine on, when you have an ISP that throttles traffic that is being prioritized.
To resolve this matter you will need to perform the following steps to get your system working properly.
- Right Click Start
- Click on “Run”
- Type in “regedit” into the Open: field of Run.
- Click “Yes” on the User Access Control screen that opens up.
- This will open up the Registry Editor, you will want to navigate to the following
- Then you want to make sure the Parameters folder is clicked/highlighted. Then in the open area below where you see (Default) – REG_SZ (Value not set) you want to right click and place cursor on New. Then it will open a drop down select DWORD (32-bit) Value it will create a new Value and name it EnableDSCP.
- Right Click the new Value you created named “EnableDSCP” and click on Modify.
- As seen above, the Value shown is 0. You don’t need to change this, just verify it’s currently set to 0.
- After this has been verified, you will need to restart your computer and test to make sure it is working properly.